In our current digital age, being the company to create and publish the best content carries a lot of weight.
17 EPIC CONTENT MARKETING EXAMPLES TO BOOST YOUR BRAND
- What is Content Marketing?
- What are Content Marketing Examples?
- How Using Multiple Content Marketing Examples Can Boost Your Brand Name
- What We Can Learn from Content Marketing Examples Successful Brands Use
- Content Marketing Examples: Old Spice: Humor (Almost) Always Works
- 1. L'Oreal Paris, Try Before You Buy
- 2. McDonald's Customer Service "Question Time"
- 3. Glossier and User-generated Content
- 4. GoPro's Use of Visual Content
- 5. Ebooks
- 6. Blogs
- 7. White Papers
- 8. Superdrug: Combining Media for an Extra Boost
- 9. Microsoft Interesting "Stories" Blog
- 10. Garyvaynerchuck.com
- 11. Hashtag Campaigns - Red Cross
- 12. Hootsuite's Viral Video: "A Game of Social Thrones"
- 13. Shutterstock's Trend's Report
- 14. Rolex's Use of Pictures
- 15. Burberry
- 16. Charmin's Use of "Sit or Squat" App
- 17. The Coca Cola "Share a Coke" Marketing Campaign
- Frequently Asked Questions
But before we dive into some epic content marketing examples that you can utilize to take your brand's social media up a notch, we need to define content marketing.
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is the process of
- And distributing product/company-specific material to the best target demographic
We'll walk you through each of these in a moment, so don't sweat it if the words sound unfamiliar or you want to know more about them.
- Curating/Creating Content
Curating and/or creating content s the art of researching, writing, and designing highly-targeted content for your audience. It often consists of brainstorming topic ideas, or potential graphics, and often involves either hiring or utilizing in-house talent or software to create the content.
- Distributing Content
This is the art of finding out where your content fits.
Where is your target audience? Where will they benefit from your content the most? What platform best fits your brand?
These are the questions you'll need to be asking during the distribution and planning process.
- Publishing Content
Now that you have your content ready, it's time to publish! We love to utilize tools like Sprout Social to schedule our content in advance and allow time for our incredible clients to give their full approval.
This tool also allows us to schedule the content at peak times, implement "first comments" with proper hashtags, and more to get the most out of our content marketing.
What are Content Marketing Examples?
Content marketing examples act as illustrations or "proof" for companies of what they can help you achieve, or what you need to aim for when creating content for your social media channels.
These content marketing examples act as a guideline, (like what we're going to provide below), that can help you achieve better results from even the earliest of your social media campaigns.
How Using Multiple Content Marketing Examples Can Boost Your Brand Name
Let's say that you have decided to dive into the world of content marketing. But how do you come up with content marketing ideas? And what media should you choose?
Using more than one type of content marketing media will boost your brand name, not only because users want to see diverse media types, but because using multiple types of media encourages more diverse engagement.
Here's why experts think sticking to one content media is not beneficial:
- Not everyone digests the same sort of content, so your audience will be limited.
- The popularity of certain content changes as time goes on.
For example, decades ago, newspapers were a favorite way to digest news. Today, not so much.
Instead, social media has taken the role of main news distributor, among many others.
- You have to maintain a specific level of information in one space.
Mixed-media content marketing will do wonders for you, allowing your brand to branch out in a variety of directions, giving you the ability to reach people all across the globe.
What We Can Learn from Content Marketing Examples Successful Brands Use
Why spend time testing media types, copy, and content when someone has already done the trouble-shooting for you?
This is where it can be an incredibly powerful tool to take note of how and where successful brands in your industry are creating and distributing their content.
There are dozens of content marketing examples on the web to choose from, and quite a bit that we can learn from each piece.
Our team spends a significant amount of time every day monitoring the latest trends and content marketing examples so that we know what's working and what isn't, and how each brand is finding its unique line of success.
Today, we're going to not only share this research but also the actionable examples you need to carry the research over to your own channels in no time.
Content Marketing Examples: Old Spice: Humor (Almost) Always Works
Humor almost always works to engage and delight an audience.
Hence, through short humor-filled clips and snippets, Old Spice gained popularity with those young and old over multiple channels.
Cool, right? Humor is a great tool for breaking the ice and delivering a message without making consumers feel as if you're pushing your products, which in turn can foster deeper, longer-lasting relationships between businesses and customers.
Click the image above to check it out!
1) 37 THOUGHT LEADERSHIP CONTENT EXAMPLES FOR YOUR BRAND SUCCESS
2) SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT CREATION GUIDE 2021 TO INCREASE YOUR SELLS
3) WHAT IS EVERGREEN CONTENT? TIPS TO CREATE LONG-LASTING CONTENT
4) CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT: A COMPLETE GUIDE TO IMPROVE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
5) VIRAL MARKETING: THE GUIDE YOU NEED TO RAPID BRAND GROWTH
1. L'Oreal Paris, Try Before You Buy
L'Oreal Paris uses one of content marketing's best examples: The virtual make-up try-on!
It gives consumers the opportunity to try it on before they buy, from the comfort of home!
No more finding out that a shade doesn't work for you before footing the bill for it. Genius, right?
2. McDonald's Customer Service "Question Time"
Have you ever wondered what ingredients make up a burger patty?
Receiving answers to questions like this and more can encourage open conversation between large brands and consumers to drive more awareness and loyalty.
This successful content marketing strategy has helped McDonalds:
1. Build connections by being honest
2. Help consumers feel more "in the know" and connected
3. Drive more authenticity across platforms
Click the image below to learn more!
3. Glossier and User-generated Content
Have you ever tweeted about a product you loved? Glossier's genius marketing plan is to use these epic tweets on their Instagram. It is a win-win because:
1. People love to be featured
2. UGC, (or user-generated content) is cheap
3. You'll experience more reach and more engagement
Click the image below to learn more!
4. GoPro's Use of Visual Content
As of 2021, the appeal of visual content has grown. People adore infographics and videos. GoPro takes these statistics and combines them with its brand philosophy. All to provide the audience with a plethora of unique and fun visual content.
As a result of this, GoPro has 10.4 million subscribers on YouTube! If you want to dive into this medium, remember:
1. The content should be high quality
2. You should always take the most creative route
3. Keep it short! People often click on short, bite-sized videos that are a minute long.
Click the image below to learn more!
Another great content marketing example is ebooks!
Ebooks may seem complicated, but Amazon's handy tools can have to self-publishing in no time!
If you have a website, we 10/10 recommend setting up a blog.
Blogs can drive traffic to your website and make excellent social media posts when you're not sure what else to post! :)
7. White Papers
Whether you're releasing news about a new service or are looking to educate your audience about the finer points of your products and services, white papers can be powerful tools in the world of social media marketing.
8. Superdrug: Combining Media for an Extra Boost
In a recent body positivity campaign, Superdrug asked various editors to photoshop a model according to beauty standards in their region.
This unique campaign led them to gain:
1. 1 million shares and 3 million views
2. International news coverage
3. More than 1,000,000 page views
Sometimes, encouraging your audience to think outside the box and then sharing their creations can be the most powerful content marketing strategy.
9. Microsoft Interesting "Stories" Blog
What connects one to each other? It's our humanness! Our stories capture the essence of our experiences in the best way.
Microsoft's creative marketing team takes this and makes it one of the best examples. Its "Stories" blog gets people to trust them and buy from them.
GaryVee started his career from interactive blogs and webinars.
Today, he is the co-founder of Vayner media and two-times bestselling author.
Sometimes, content marketing won't work without combining the perfect amount of each medium with a good plan.
Don't give up if things don't work immediately!
11. Hashtag Campaigns - Red Cross
Imagine building excitement while getting free content. 🤔
Red Cross' #DoingMyPart campaign lead people all across the globe to post pictures on their social media using the campaign hashtag, which meant ordinary people could promote them in the best possible way!
12. Hootsuite's Viral Video: "A Game of Social Thrones"
Social media management can be a little boring and a hassle, can't it? But leave it to Hootsuite to make it fun! Check out the link below to watch the video and see for yourself: https://youtube.com/watch?v=2zCw_-XsTPE+
Now, what makes this idea the best?
1. The video builds on one of the world's most loved television series.
2. It is short and sweet
3. You learn about the brand while having a little fun!
13. Shutterstock's Trend's Report
People love reliable statistics and data. Shutterstock used this and created an innovative trend's report on:
3. Videos, and more
This step increased Shutterstock's site visits by about six million!
You can check it out here: https://content.shutterstock.com/creative-trends/
14. Rolex's Use of Pictures
As we discussed earlier, visual content marketing is on the rise. Rolex uses Instagram photography to capture its brand's iconic class. It does so through simplicity and classy style of pictures. That's the reason the brand has a whopping 7 million followers on Instagram.
Burberry used people's desire to connect with others. And they combined it with mobile technology. It created this software called Burberry Kisses, which lets its users send virtual kisses to anyone. You can check it out here: https://www.famouscampaigns.com/2013/06/burberry-kisses-powered-by-google/
16. Charmin's Use of "Sit or Squat" App
Everyone needs to use a toilet. But how do you know where to find one when outside? Charmin's Sit or Squat app allows you to do that. This app is not only fun to play with but is also very practical!
You can check it out by clicking on the image below:
17. The Coca Cola "Share a Coke" Marketing Campaign
At this point, who hasn't heard of Coca-Cola's "Share a Coke" campaign?
Coca-Cola took a bunch of the most common names and printed them on the label. Here's why it was so successful:
1. Everybody loves talking about themselves
2. Seeing your name on the bottle sparks joy and conversations
3. Coke's use of the word "share" targets an emotional response in people
Are you thinking about what your product can make people feel? Come on over to Sociallyin to get started on customized marketing!
Frequently Asked Questions
Smart people ask questions- and we've got answers!
What are content marketing best practices?
Ans: Sociallyin's marketing analysts have compiled the following list for you:
1. Put the audience first
2. Learn to use data and analytics in your favor
3. Make use of multi-channel content marketing
These practices are a sure-fire way to success!
What is branded content marketing?
Ans: It is a marketing strategy that includes:
A deal with an influencer or other media person/organization to promote its brand.
As a start-up, it can get tough to reach out to successful influencers. But lucky for you, SociallyIn has lots of such influencers in its network. Contact us for more information!
What is creative content marketing?
Ans: Have you ever heard of the term "creative content marketing"? It is much more than mere content marketing. Some of Sociallyin's most used "creative content marketing" strategies are as follow:
1. Impactful visual storytelling campaigns
2. Colourful, engaging graphics and animations
3. Complementary video games to go along your product or service
Ready to Take Your Social Media Content Marketing to New Heights?
Contact our social media marketing experts TODAY for unique insight into what it takes to elevate your brand online.
Our team will provide content, creative copy, social community management, brand monitoring, reporting, and more. You can just sit back and wait for results!
What are you waiting for? Let's get in touch and get social!
Your Comments :