Easily the Inbound Marketing for Nonprofits, Moves Management is the process of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, acknowledging, engaging, and stewarding donors. Donors are to nonprofits what clients and customers are to for-profit businesses. So, how can inbound driven moves management help your business or nonprofit?
What is Moves Management?
David Dunlop, the Cornell University senior development officer who developed the concept of moves management, described the idea as "changing people's attitudes so they want to give." Moves, he explained, help "develop each prospect's awareness of, knowledge of, interest in, involvement with and commitment to the institution and its mission."
A successful program takes specific, targeted, quantifiable efforts and actions to shift qualified leads from a passive or one-time customer to an active, ongoing relationship with the business that takes place through multiple channels and feedback opportunities. The goal is to encourage moves that increase engagement and involvement, long-term loyalty and, ultimately, sales.
The challenge for today's marketers is to determine how to best develop and nurture a deep, long-term relationship with key "influencer" leads in ways that go beyond traditional transactional interactions - yet are also measurable, trackable and easily automated to "set and forget." Transactional interactions - such as soliciting annual membership dues, sending holiday sales invitations, or coordinating targeted promotions - are essential, of course, and through them your business becomes an integral part of a customer's life. But to grow and maintain a healthy, vibrant customer community that fuels your business and reaches for future goals, how can you nurture key relationships in ways that are truly customer-centric, multi-dimensional and mutually beneficial?
How can you engage with your best clients year-round, without necessarily making a sale, in ways that still help you stay on the right track toward effective business growth?
The answer: Inbound Driven Moves Management
Through Inbound driven systems, you can:
- Track, analyze and predict the movement of customers and leads. Capture and analyze customer information to build personal, lifelong relationship.
- Manipulate Moves Series and workflow processes based on industry standards and business practices.
- Allow systems to assign tasks to staff and key employees based on customer behavior.
- Create drill down reports to evaluate programs and objectives in relation to specific goals. Easily prepare reports in presentation style.
There is no shortage of software programs and companies claiming to help achieve your moves goals. But regardless of if your business defines success by the total sales dollars earned or the number of moves made per lead in a given time period, executing a successful moves program requires a robust, all-in-one CRM. And with the following functionality already built-in to SociallyIn Inbound Marketing:
- Relationship tracking
- Social Media and social networking
- Dashboard, custom reports, and queries
- Mobile Access
- Automated workflow and alerts
- Custom fields
- Automated engagement scoring
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the 5 stages of moves management?
The 5 stages of moves management are:
- Awareness: This stage is all about getting the attention of your target audience. You will want to use various methods such as email campaigns, social media posts, and advertising to make sure your message is heard.
- Identification: Understanding your donors and their interests is key to successful moves management. You will use various methods such as surveys, interviews, or focus groups to gain insights about your donors’ preferences and motivations for giving.
- Cultivation: This stage of moves management focuses on building relationships with your donors by providing them with meaningful opportunities to engage in activities related to your cause.
- Solicitation: Once you have built relationships with your donors, it’s time to ask for their support. You will do this by making an actual request, usually through mail or email campaigns.
- Stewardship: This is the final stage of moves management and involves thanking donors for their generous gifts and providing them with ongoing updates about how their donations are being
What is Donor Management Lifecycle?
Donor Management Lifecycle is the process of managing donor relationships from initial contact to long-term engagement. It begins with understanding a donor’s interests and identifying opportunities for them to engage in meaningful activities related to your cause. It then moves on to cultivating those relationships and soliciting donations, followed by stewarding donors through ongoing communication and recognition. The goal of this cycle is to build a long-term relationship with donors that will encourage them to support your organization’s mission over time.
Executing your moves initiative through Inbound Marketing with SociallyIn will drive the success of each campaign, appeal, and communication. To find out more just click below to schedule a free consultation.
If you want to gain a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals, consider listening to David Mersky’s recorded webinar, The Artful Solicitor by clicking here. It is not just for nonprofits.
To gain a better of Inbound Marketing, check out SociallyIn's information on the effectiveness of Inbound Marketing by clicking here.