Social Media has changed the art of story telling and made it as easy as ever to keep those who love your brand connected and updated with Instagram's "questions" feature.
But more importantly, it can help boost your brand and give your followers the perfect little "prompt" to engage with your brand and help you grow your social media community.
What is An Instagram Poll?
An Instagram poll is also a sticker. It's best used for yes and no questions or giving people the choice between two things. For instance: is a hotdog a sandwich?
Why Ask Questions on Instagram?
Why bother asking questions on Instagram Story anyway?
By asking questions, you're giving your followers a unique opportunity to interact and engage on your profile, page and Stories.
It will increase engagement, build a community and help your followers feel tuned-in and excited for whatever is coming their way in terms of what your brand has to offer.
Questions to Ask on Instagram
Because of this unique opportunity provided by Instagram questions and Instagram Stories, we want to be able to take advantage of it.
Hence why we want to share a good, long list of questions you can share on Instagram for increased Engagement.
Asking questions can also help you narrow down WHO is engaged with your brand and who you should and shouldn't pursue when it comes to moving your customers down the pipeline.
So, without further distraction, here's our incredible exhaustive list of questions to ask on Instagram ideas. (P.S these are also great questions to ask for an Instagram quiz!)
- Who will win — (Sports Team, Cooking Competitors, Championships, etc)?
- What do you think about [latest events]?
- Have you seen the brand new episode of [TV-series/Mini-Series]?
- Which color do you prefer? (Product photography)
- Which product do you prefer?
- Where are you from?
- What do you do?
- Where would you most love to travel?
- What are you passionate about?
- How do you see US helping YOU reach your goal?
- If you could get a dream product/service from us, what would it be?
- (Utilize the emoji slider) Would you visit this location?
- Would you eat this?
- Who are you bringing with??
- Got plans for Saturday? 😏 We want to hear all about it!
- Which one is your fave?
- Have you seen our latest...?
- Cat or dog lover?
- Bought something from us for Christmas/Birthday lately? We want to hear how much you're loving it! ⬇
- Can I email you with a chapter of the novel I'm writing?
- Want an exclusive offer?
- Looking for Christmas gifts?
- What do YOU want to see in our shop?
- What do YOU want to see on our menu?
- Looking for some free advice?
- How can I help you today?
- What goals are you striving to meet in 2021?
- What’s the one thing you do for everyone?
- What year would you travel back in time and why?
- What’s one thing you can’t live without?
- What are you most thankful for today?
- Who inspires you every day?
- What was your dream job as a kid?
- What’s the one book that you offer as a gift most?
- What’s the one country you wish to travel to the next 3 years?
- Would you choose the mountains or the beach?
- What’s your favorite TV Show?
- What’s one movie you watched over 100 times?
- What’s your best joke?
- What’s your superpower?
- What’s the best compliment you ever gave?
- What’s the best app on your phone?
- If I give you $1000 — how would you spend it?
- Who’s your role model?
- What would you tell the 21-year-old version of yourself?
- What do you think about [some recent news event in your industry]?
- What do you love about your job?
- What’s frustrating you frequently?
- Do you have any questions for me?
- What’s the dumbest thing you believed as a child?
- What are some common sense or unspoken rules, that you’ve seen people not follow?
- What’s the dumbest thing someone has argued with you about this week? What about this year??
- What makes you particularly optimistic about the future?
- Fave Youtube channel to binge?
3 Questions to ask Yourself Before Posting to Instagram
1. Is My Image Artsy and Indie Enough For the Instagram Crowd?
When it comes to sharing images through social media, there are two things you always want to stay away from; horrible graphics and stock photos. Bad graphics speak for themselves, but stock photos have been pulling the wool over social media marketer's eyes for years but consumers are a little smarter. Especially the younger demographic that should be your target on Instagram. If you have to ask yourself if an image feels too "stocky", chances are you shouldn't post it.
2. Have I Included Enough Descriptive Hashtags?
Unlike Twitter, where you should never use more than 2 hashtags max, Instagram has a different set of rules when it comes to these social conversation anchors. The right hashtags can considerably extend the reach of your posts but and some say to use as many relevant ones as possible. But be sure to stay away from these banned by IG.
3. Are My Stories Appealing To the Young Generation?
There are two types of social media managers: those who know their audience and those who think they know their audience. Don't be the latter. A photo series campaign around one of your most expensive, high end liquors may not be the best idea if you're targeting say, college students on a budget.
Don't make the mistake of thinking that it's "only Instagram". What you post, how you post and when you post all matter. Keep these 3 questions in mind before posting and you'll see far better results than you would otherwise.
So we've been over the basics, but it's important to make sure all the bases are covered. We're cheering you on, why not give you a push in the right direction?
How to Ask Questions on Instagram Live?
For those of you who love to go live, asking questions can be a great way to keep people engaged.
But how do you go about asking questions AND responding live? What's the best way to navigate that situation?
Our advice? Ask the question(s) BEFORE going live. This gives your audience a chance to reflect, get back to you and also allows you to police what questions you're forced to answer in the moment.
Not to mention is saves you from an awkward silence while you're waiting on questions to be submitted.
How to Ask a Question on Instagram?
So there's the good old fashioned way, which involves including a question in an Instagram caption, OR asking a question on your Stories.
If you're asking a question on your stories, the answer is simple.
Start with uploading either a picture or a video you want to include with the question, If you don't have something in mind, that's okay. Just click "create".
In the top right corner, you'll see a "block" smiley face. Click on it!
Now you'll have the option of selecting a variety of fun and engaging "extras" for your Story. In this instance, you'll be selecting "question" or "poll".
The question is helpful if you are looking for long-ish responses to questions, and poll is better for yes/no or a limited to two short answers type of questions.
Post your question and watch the responses pour in! <3
Ready to Take Your Instagram Stories to the Next Level?
At Sociallyin, we're always ready to jump into the next big trends, share our big ideas and help you increase your ROI and engagement through fun Instagram Stories questions, incredible content and next level paid advertising.
Can we help YOU? Get in touch with us TODAY and let's discuss how we can help you approach your social for MORE RESULTS now! ✨