You’re ready to grow your business online–or maybe you HAVE, and you’re prepared to make improvements on your hard work. Either way, a good, thorough digital marketing strategy is critical to your success.
As a renowned Inc. 5000, 100% focused social media marketing agency, we’re passionate about sharing our skills and insight to growing global brands. And today, that looks like showcasing some of our top digital marketing strategy examples to benefit your social media marketing strategies.
However, before we begin, we’d like to do a little deep dive on what a social media digital marketing strategy is–and why these incredible digital marketing strategy examples will blow your mind (and your goals for the year) straight out of the water. Ready to get started? Let’s roll! 🏎
What IS a Digital Marketing Strategy and How Can These Digital Marketing Strategy Examples Benefit MY Brand?
A digital marketing strategy is the lifeblood of your social media and internet marketing efforts.
Why? Because a digital marketing strategy, much like the digital marketing strategy examples that we’ll have outlined below, works as a sort of blueprint for your business to navigate the tricky waters that are the social media platforms.
Every digital marketing strategy will include specific, attainable and measurable goals for your organic and paid marketing efforts. Every digital marketing strategy is specific and unique, customized to the changing and growing needs of your business and the social media landscape.
Why do you need one, though? What’s so important about a digital marketing strategy that makes it a NECESSITY for your business?
Here’s the scoop: maximizing your social media efforts doesn’t just happen by default or because you really want it to and you’re putting in the hours. After all, random, spur-of-the-moment digital marketing efforts won’t make a big difference one way or the other in the grand scheme of things. But what will make a difference is making decisions that align with your overall growth goals.
What are the Types of Digital Marketing Strategies and What are they Useful For?
There are a vast majority of digital marketing strategies, but a select few critical ones. Those include but are not limited to:
- Content Marketing on Social
- Paid Social Media Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization
- Influencer Marketing
- Email Marketing
- …and more!
Each type of digital marketing strategy has it’s own benefits and specific use-cases, so let’s dive a little deeper into what each of these digital marketing strategies actually does.
#1 Content Marketing on Social 🤳
Often just referred to as social media marketing, content marketing on social media involves curating highly engaging graphics, short form and long form videos, Stories, polls, blogs, infographics and more to publish across your social media channels.
#2 Paid Social Media Advertising 💸
Also known as “sponsored posts”, paid social media advertising is the art and science of creating thumb-stopping social media ads and targeting particular audiences based on the needs of your campaign.
#3 Search Engine Optimization 🔎
Also an art and science, search engine optimization is the process of establishing your presence on major search engines and moving your website and blogs into the Google top spots.
#4 Influencer Marketing 🧍♀️
This is a form of digital marketing that involves specific product placements and endorsements from known influencers and celebrities on popular platforms like TikTok, Instagram and Twitter.
#5 Email Marketing 📧
An attempt at email marketing can either go very wrong or very right. However, with the right email marketing strategy, you’re bound to be successful.
Now you have the types of digital marketing strategies under your belt…what’s next? And when will we dive into our epic digital marketing strategies examples? Let’s keep moving. 📦🚚
How to Create an Effective Digital Marketing Strategy
Now you’re ready to begin the process of garnering attention on social media with a next-generation digital marketing strategy, but you’re not sure quite where to start. Let’s dive in!
#1 Understand Your Audience
Can’t market to a crowd you’re not familiar with, right? Start by establishing who your target audience is and then research to find out what gets them excited. Some of the ways you can do this include:
- Searching popular hashtags on social media around your product, service or industry
- Creating polls on social media
- Utilizing analytics from your website or existing social media accounts
- In-depth conversations with your sales team or a social media marketing expert.
The goal is to find out what your customers want FROM YOU. What challenges are they facing that you can assist with? This is a great place to start utilizing buyer personas for a more in-depth look at WHO you’re targeting and WHY.
#2 Set Goals That Make Sense
Just any goal isn’t going to be effective. Set too lofty a goal and you’re going to be facing some intense feelings of disappointment in yourself and your business, (or both) and set too low a goal and you might never succeed in truly achieving ultimate brand success.
At the end of the day, your goals should be:
- …and include a due-date!
If you want to be the most impactful, setting goals is not only a good idea, but a MUST.
#3 Establish the Route
You see success on the horizon…how are you going to get there? This is the point where you have to make decisions like what platform to post or advertise on, what’s your budget, who is going to be managing your social media accounts, that kind of jazz. 🎷
#4 Build Your Strategy
Now it’s time to work your magic and BUILD your dream digital marketing strategy!
Digital Marketing Strategy Examples That’ll Knock Your Socks Off 🧦👟
It’s easy to feel a little overwhelmed in the digital marketing sphere, especially in terms of social media marketing. And that’s why we want to provide some cutting-edge digital marketing strategy examples that’ll help inspire and ignite a passion for your business–and it’s an inevitable success.
Digital Marketing Strategy Example
#1 Influencer Strategy
Our influencer marketing strategies are second to none–and our work with Mellow is a classic example of this winning strategy.
Here’s how we did it:
- We created a list of potential influencers after researching the candidates that would be ideal for what we wanted to achieve: app downloads.
- We messaged each ideal candidate directly
- We worked with our candidates and provided all of the information they would need to succeed, as well as established what success would look like for us so we could follow along and would know if we needed to pivot to reach our goals.
- Finally, we watched the magic unfold on social media and celebrated every big win.
#2 Community Management
Many people assume that digital marketing strategy has to be outbound at all times, but there is so much value in inbound marketing as an effective digital marketing strategy. And to prove it, we decided to showcase one of our personal favorite digital marketing strategy examples: our community management work with Carnival Cruise Lines.
Here’s how we did it:
- Established a specific, FUN tone of voice and approach that people would resonate with and get excited to converse with
- Established an overall POSITIVE sentiment
- Made responding to comments, potential complaints and anything else a high priority–and ensured we had a “back-up plan” if something went wrong
- Listened to our audience to find out more about what THEY wanted to hear
- Paid attention to our competitors and everything they were doing wrong so we could do it right and succeed. 😏
#3 Evergreen Content
Our success on social media promoting Samsung is almost 100% due to highly-effective, in-depth, educational and inspiring evergreen content tweets.
Each month, we publish over 300 tweets for Samsung Electronics America’s Display Division and work closely with their team to manage multiple executive LinkedIn profiles.
Here’s how we achieved success:
- Thoroughly analyzed competitors to find out how we could come out on top
- Conducting research to find out when and where we should be posting to make the most impact and garner the most results
- Initiated a frequent, in-depth posting schedule
- Kept the flow of content running all the time–from new blogs to award-winning graphics
- Watched the results of our hard work gain attention from top-tier Samsung executives and other businesses around the world.
#4 Thumb-Stopping Content (the 🔑 to success)
How could we make it brand specific when we’ve done so much work for so many clients that we can’t HELP but be proud of?
Here’s how we did it:
- Strategize to find out what each client’s audience wants to see
- Brainstorm ideas around what they need and want from their social media to bring more awareness, clicks and sales
- Work with only the absolute best graphic and motion designers
- Curate incredible, thumb-stopping copy
- Work hard to win a spot on the Inc. 5000 list to show off all of our team’s hard work and dedication
Frequently Asked Questions
You can always direct your questions straight to our sales team or to our friendly Taterbot, but we don’t have (many) secrets, so we might as well share some here! 😂
What is the BEST Digital Marketing Strategy?
The best digital marketing strategy is the one that best fits your brand and your goals. If you know what you need to achieve, follow this guide and create a winning-strategy that is perfectly curated to YOUR brand. What works for some won’t always work for others.
How to Write a Digital Marketing Strategy?
Like we’ve outlined above, the goal is to determine what you want and then set small, attainable, measurable and inspiring goals for your brand that help get you from point A: nobody can find you on social, to point B: everyone and their sister’s third cousin is sharing your content.
What Should a Digital Marketing Strategy Include?
In short: goals, desired outcomes, best practices, best posting times, a competitor analysis, desired approaches, audience insights and content examples.
Digital Marketing Strategies are Complicated. Still Need a Little Help?
Sociallyin - social media marketing strategy team is prepared to help you put the wind back in your sales with a next-generation digital marketing strategy that will give you the clicks, engagements, views and followers you need to start the next quarter off on the right foot.
Exponential business growth is right around the corner. Are you ready??